Sunday, December 16, 2007

Gong show day

So at 5 am today I caught a bus going from Arusha, Tanzania to Mbeya, Tanzania (north to south). It is a 16 hour trip.

About half an hour in I went to grab my camera out of the bottom of my bag, and could not find it. I then proceded to empty out the entire contents of my bag- still no camera.

So I had to find someone to interpret to the conductor that I needed to get off the bus and go back to Arusha to find my camera.

Got off without a hitch, and quickly caught a mini-bus heading back to Arusha.

Good right?... until a passing mini-bus collided into the side of our bus. No biggie, kept on driving.

All the sudden, at the next stop the conductors of these two buses got out, and started a huge fist fight! All the passengers got out screaming and shooting in what is normally a sleepy little town. The villiagers all come running.

Ten minutes later it stops just as it had begun, everyone got excitedly back in the buses.

Good now, right?...

The buses proceded to having a pissing match over passing each other. Passengers yelling like it was a sport. All the way until the next town when they were pulled over by the police and brought to the police station.

Caught another ride back to Arusha, but my cemera is gone. One of the cleaning staff must of stolen it as it never left my room. :(

1 comment: