Thursday, August 30, 2007

Masai Mara National Park















I just came back from a 3 day in the Masai Mara. It was absolutely amazing- better than I could have ever dreamed of. Anyways here are some of the 500+ photos I took. It is the annual wilder beast migration where a couple of million wilder beast migrate through the park along with many other animals.





















These ostriches did everything in unison!





















Do I have something in my teeth?















Lion cubs!















Hippos are huge and EVIL. They wade around in the water waiting for some poor innocent animal to come along so that they can kill it. Once dead they just let it go- the joy is in the kill and much later chomping down on some rotten meat.














A hawk post kill (has something in its' talons)














Giraffes are such sweet, curious creatures. They are also very awkward looking (much like you Carter!)














This lone elephant came stampeding towards us. He was not happy to have the company.














Mama cheetah and baby.

I will post more photos later as it takes a long time to upload them!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not only are we both curious and awkward, but you failed to mention our luxuriously long eyelashes. I want to print a large copy of Mr. Grassinhisteeth, as it is beyond fantastic. Man that looks way more fun than shaving dogs all day. Speaking of which, I should go do that. OXO Cartier